The Water Corporation of WA
|Western Australia's Water Corporation is one of Australia's largest and most successful water service providers, with nearly A$9 billion invested in water services infrastructure. The corporation provides water and wastewater services to the burgeoning city of Perth and hundreds of towns and communities spread over some 2.5 million square kilometres. It also provides drainage and irrigation services to thousands of households, businesses and farms across the state.|
In November 2001, Changing Directions were engaged by The Water Corporation of WA to review the company's contract documents for cleaning services at locations in the Metropolitan area, in accordance with processes detailed in the scope of works. This included:
- Developing service level agreements (SLA's) for all sites
- Preparing site specific scope of works
- Collecting all site data and preparing site specific building information matrix
- Conducting site visits and tender briefing sessions,
- Preparing a detailed tender evaluation and recommendations
- Facilitating the transition of the contract
- Carrying out baseline assessment of the cleaning
- Monitoring the contractor's service delivery in all area of the facility (which included auditing 21 sites throughout the metro area monthly for the life of the contract).
Outcome"The impact of ongoing monitoring all aspects of the contract through performance KPI's has been outstanding. So much so that the contractor, Charles Service Company won the cleaning industry 2004 Golden Service Award for the cleaning of office facilities between 5000 and 40,000 SQM for The Water Corporation's John Tonkin Centre in Leederville."
Manager Corporate Accommodation
The Water Corporation